1st Creative Writing Workshop

We were asked to randomly pick the following:

1. Character:     a new mother
2. Time:            a cold and stormy night
3. Place:           a college library
4. Situation:      you reach your goals
    
And to make a story out of those... Here's mine.


       As I was making my way to the institution where I graduated, I was amazed by the big changes in the place. It wasn't like it was before. The place has changed a lot.
So, I continued walking...

       Surprisingly, the dusty stairs leading to the library caught my attention. My feet wanted me to go there hurriedly. I can't control them; as if they have their own life. Then when I reached there, a cold gust of air brushes my face.
I was uncertain.

       I don't know what exactly to do. It seems like it was my first time to get in there. I then told myself, "You can do this!" After sometime, I didn't notice that tears run down from my eyes. I remembered the things I used to do before. Then, I was shocked when I saw my favorite chair where I used to read books.

       This is what I'm fearing of--to move on from the past. It has been my frustration on how to overcome my greatest fear. I cried and cried, thinking of the mistakes I've done in the past. Then, I felt unconscious without noticing the time. When I was awake, I slowly looked into the window. Heavy rain is pouring down, just like my shattered dreams.

       It did turn into a cold and stormy night. I was all alone in the library. Like my world, I am all alone with nobody else. It's my greatest fear to be alone. Like my old favorite chair, both of us were left by him.

Realizations stroke me.

       But I did overcome my greatest fear, when the sunny morning and the beautiful weather came the next day. It was a new hope for me--to live my life as a full time librarian and as a single mother to my one-year old child.

This is just the beginning of my story.

The End.

0 comments:

Post a Comment